Friday, June 12, 2009

help, i'm alive

I've returned! After a week and a bit of basking in the Mediterranean sun, it was a bit depressing upon returning to rainy old London, to be greeted by a 48 hour tube strike and weird humid cold/hot rainy weather. Apparently it was gorgeous whilst I was away, go effin' figure.

I've actually been back for a couple of days, but have been grappling with the emails that filled my inbox whilst I was away. I don't think I ever realized how much junk mail I get. I also did not realize how many blog posts I read in a week, but after 9 days there were 754 post in my Google Reader. I finally, after four patient days, have whittled it down to about 50 still to read, but it is kind of crazy/depressing to realize how much time I must spend reading blogs. I don't spend nearly that amount of time on anything else...unless you count contemplating my next meal, which I am in a constant state of doing: tonight, hoisin chicken and noodles, yes, please.

Anyway, of all the 754 posts to be read, one of the first ones I did read was by Backyard Bill. It's one of my favorite style blogs, but the posts aren't that frequent, so I was delighted to see a new profile, this time of Julia Bostrom. She's the younger sister of artist Fanny Bostrom, whose apartment I fawned over on the Selby awhile back. Style runs in the family I guess.




No comments: