Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wish List In Shoe Major

I know that there is a stereotype about women and their shoes. I never really thought of myself as fitting into that stereotype merely because shoes never excited me as much as other clothing items such as knitwear for instance... big, cozy, comfy knits, jumpers, cardigans, will always warm the cockles of my heart. Though important, shoes are secondary, I thought. I survived plenty of years with under 5 pairs. My shoe apathy may have been due to the fact that I was living in Montreal where, if you don't take care of them, the snow and salt will destroy any pair. I couldn't be bothered to care for shoes, and so kept my collection to a minimum.

But upon moving to London, with only the rain to stop me, my shoe collection grew...quite spontaneously, so that now my hallway is a long line of shoes, 25 or so which are mine, 4 which are not. It seems, that I too, have a love of shoes. Not the crazy-love that some people have, you won't find me cooing over Choos, but a simpler love for well-made leather boots and um, everything Rachel Comey thinks up. These are my current shoe cravings for Fall... a short but carefully curated list.(#1- Frye, #2 Rachel Comey, #3 LD Tuttle, #4 Rachel Comey, #5 Frye)

No comments: