Wednesday, August 26, 2009

red


(images via Starbucks and Jane Austen)
I've wanted to dye my hair red since I was a wee lass, but unfortunately when I was 11 I found out that I had psoriasis, a genetic autoimmune disease that affects the skin. While I was lucky enough to only have it on my scalp, where it is easily hidden (but most annoying for medicinal application), it meant that I could never do all the things that I wanted to do to my hair when I grew up. No dyeing, no perming, nothing. So I've left my hair au naturale, letting the sun do its bit every summer, but I've recently been hankering to switch it up. I fear what the chemicals of permanent colour may do to my skin, so I think I may try a semi-permanent rinse of some sort, in a red of some sort, though perhaps not quite as bright as the above. Baby steps...

No comments: