Thursday, July 24, 2008

Well, la-di-da, la-di-da

While waiting in a salon yesterday, I ended up browsing through "1970s (Images of the 20th Century - Getty Images)" where there was a great candid photo of Diane Keaton (I couldn't find it online). It reminded me of how much I adore 1970s Diane Keaton. Annie Hall is one OF my favorite movies, and Annie's wardrobe, an eccentric mix of masculine and feminine, is now somewhat iconic. The clothes were actually Keaton's own, and are just one representation of her inspiring style. Here are a sampling of some pictures of her in the '70s and early '80s. She's got that kooky, androgynous look down and I love her to bits.












And I'll leave you with the last lines of Annie Hall:
Alvy Singer: [narrating] After that it got pretty late, and we both had to go, but it was great seeing Annie again. I... I realized what a terrific person she was, and... and how much fun it was just knowing her; and I... I, I thought of that old joke, y'know, the, this... this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, "Doc, uh, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a chicken." And, uh, the doctor says, "Well, why don't you turn him in?" The guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs." Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships; y'know, they're totally irrational, and crazy, and absurd, and... but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us... need the eggs.

(Images via Getty Images)

No comments: