Monday, December 22, 2008

silver lines in the snow

A bevy of winterness has been thrown at me this past week. Ice Storm - check. Powerless - check. Power returns then pipe burst, causing leak that causes ceiling in living room to cave in slightly and take down the christmas tree - check. Snow storm - check. Snow storm part deux - check. SIGH. After a while, I gave up even trying to venture outside the house and settled for fun things to do indoors. Such as redecorating the christmas tree, making graham cracker houses/village, drinking hot cocoa and decapitating snowmen cookies. Winter's a cold-hearted bitch. But at least the chocolate's warm and the snow's purty.

(EDIT: I finally figured out how to enlarge images in blogger, so I fixed that up and the pictures are as big as my skinny borders will allow. Not much bigger, but good enough. Hurrah.)






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's terrible about your house, but other than that it's quite the winter wonderland.

Anonymous said...

that is quite the gingerbread village. I am especially impressed with the wreath on the house on the right. Very creative!

Pixienish said...

Winter looks so beautiful. I wish they had four seasons in Malaysia :(

I always like your posts, they have a way of making people feel cosy somehow HAHAHA :)

Morgan said...

The snow is gorgeous, and I love your tree !
I miss the snow.
I moved from New York to Florida a few years ago, and Christmas just isn't the same when you can go swimming after opening presents !

I love your blog, by the way.
HOe you had a merry holiday.