Friday, January 8, 2010

happiness is a warm gun


In six months, as I've mentioned, I finish my law degree. It has been a grueling, trying, ridiculous experience -- especially because halfway through my first semester of my first year, I knew that law wasn't for me. Why did I stay? I don't know. Dropping out seemed so ridiculous. And I actually like learning about the law, I find (some) of it academically and intellectually interesting, but it's not what I want to be. So now I find myself in the position of almost having an LLB, but with no interest in putting it to good use. I puzzle my parents and relatives with my choice, and I question why I didn't quit sooner, but it's too late for that now. Going to law school meant I got to move to London, live in an incredible place and have incredible experiences. I got to postpone 'being grown-up' for three more years.

But what's next?

I don't know, but I do know that upon graduation, the above Digby and Iona locket is the perfect commemoration of a strange three years.

No comments: