Friday, January 15, 2010

...

Six months until summer. Six months until jumping in the pool. Six months until jumping on the trampoline. Six and a half months until I can hold my very own sparkler.
(via)

There are times when I like winter. I like getting bundled up, layer upon layer, I like drinking hot chocolate and staying in, watching movies all night long because it's too cold to do anything else. But I also hate winter. I hate the wet, and I hate the cold. I hate having frozen toes as I walk to the tube. I hate then getting on the tube and sweating from too many layers. But most importantly I hate how winter can make me long for summer, make me wish time would speed up, because really everything goes too fast nowadays. One of my new year resolutions every year is to stop thinking about the future, live in the present and all that fortune cookie stuff. But oh how the weather makes it rather difficult. I'm forced to remind myself...

Whether the weather be fine,
Or whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold
Or whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather
Whatever the weather,
Whether we like it or not.

No comments: