(Clockwise from top left: Karen Walker, DvF, Chris Benz, Julian Louie)
(Clockwise from top left: Rodarte, Erin Wasson x RVCA, Proenza Schouler, Ralph Lauren)
I've had so many random thoughts about New York Fashion week floating about my head for the past week, but never worked up the effort to get them out on paper/screen. I blame it on having to wake up at 5:45 everyday for five days and then having to go to work on Saturday as well. Makes me a deadbeat.
Anyway, here are my scribbles on what I loved from the past week...
- The colours, the layering, belted dresses and of course, the shoes by Rachel Comey. Oh, and her backpacks...my shoulders are still in dire need of one.
- Rodarte's burned, post-apocalyptic tribal woman -- while the aesthetic did not veer greatly from what they've done in the past, my god, they still are such artists with fabric and design.
- All the little details at Diane Von Furstenburg: clash of prints, belts and leaves in the hair.
- The boots at Erin Wasson v RVCA - don't know if they are actually part of the collection, but they were certainly the thing I coveted.
- The peach palette at Julian Louie.
- The twee, dainty dresses juxtaposed with the 3-piece suits at Ralph Lauren.
- Proenza Schouler's amazing tie-dyed dresses derived from scuba gear.
- The psychedelic/nautical mix that was Karen Walker's show.
- The fun, flirty rainbow at Chris Benz.
(All photos from style.com; click to enlarge)