Thursday, October 15, 2009

Maurizio Cattelan



Maurizio Cattelan, an Italian artist, whose speciality is large scale installations with a sense of humour, collaborated this month on a W editorial with Linda Evangelista. Personally, my favorite images aren't the fashion-related ones but the other sets that he created, especially the United States of Meat (my title, not his). He makes you think, I think.

He has a piece showing at the current Tate Modern Pop Art exhibit, which I now will definitely be seeing.

(Rest of the spread here)

1 comment:

Diane said...

These are really awesome photos - sorry to be so vague about it but I can't think of another word that comes to mind while looking at these photos but "awesome." And I say that wistfully in my head.

My favorite photo out of this set is also the United States of Meat one. Very clever.