Sunday, January 25, 2009

wish list (no. 5)

Pared down
I have a self-imposed shopping ban in place until February 15th. I was trying to see how long I could go without shopping (hadn't bought anything since right before Christmas), and I figured a month was a good goal...especially, since I literally have no money right now. Anyway, I made it all the way until January 15th and then fucked it up, and so restarted the ban until February.

The upside is I have not had any guilty "shouldn't have bought that" moments in a while, the downside is all the things I've found on the internet (damn topshop.com) and cannot (will not!) buy. At the moment, am I feeling very prone to a minimalist (as much as I can be) aesthetic, probably because of the grey weather, and the above wish list fits that precisely. Once the ban is lifted, I think I will buy one thing from the list -- only one I must remind myself -- as a pat on the back for a job well done. Who knew abstinence could be so trying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the hat. it would look so cute on you!